четверг, 25 февраля 2016 г.

A chai tea latte in cookie form, if you will. Scary good.

A chai tea latte in cookie form, if you will. Scary good.


A chai tea latte in cookie form, if you will. Scary good.


Just made these tonight and they are delicious! I didn’t have any cardamom so I used nutmeg instead which seems to work well. I really like them plain but I’ll have to try at least one with frosting (I cheated and just bought pre-made frosting). Thanks for the tasty seasonal recipe : )


Oooh, I do love a chai latte! Love these: drink in dessert form = perfection!


Hi Sally,


I recently discovered your baking website and love it!


I am in 8th grade and I have been sharing many of your recipes with my neighbors, family, friends and my Consumer & Family Studies teacher! She has been using your recipes to teach our class. Even my younger brother’s baseball and football teams always ask if I’ve made more of your goodies to share with them!


Thanks to you, I love to bake even more.


If you ever make it to Colorado, I will be the first in line to meet you and get your baking book!


Thank you so much for all of your amazing recipes.


Hannah


Welcome back to cookie baking! These look absolutely fantastic. I’m such a huge fan of snickerdoodle cookies; they’re so underrated.


My version just came out of the oven! I got a packet of instant-chai mix for my birthday (just the spices and some sugar) so this was a perfect recipe. Thank you for sharing it. I have actually made a few things off your blog and they all turned out quite good (sometimes I have a hard time finding substitutes for stuff you can’t seem to buy over here -Switzerland that is -but what would baking be without a little experimenting!).


I baked these tonight and they were fantastic! Yummy sweet pillowy chai goodness! I ate a few about 10 minutes after they came out of the oven. I let them cool to room temperature for a couple hours and when I went to put them in a container, they were really hard. I’m not sure why! I followed the directions to a T and put the cookies in the oven for exactly 10 minutes. Is there a certain way I can store them to make them soft again or is there something I could have done wrong.. ie. rolling the dough when it was too cold etc? Thanks so much. I love your site. You are my go to resource for baking, you have amazing recipes.


These are great! You have amazing recipes that a beginner baker, such as myself, can follow with A+ results. Thank you for all the time you have put into this website.


Not sure where my comment went\u2026. I was wondering how I could store these yummy cookies so that they would stay nice and soft?


Hi Chantelle, I see your comment from yesterday I just haven’t had the chance to respond to all of my weekend comments yet. So glad you baked them. Store them in an airtight container. For extra softness, sometimes I place a piece of bread in the container too. The cookies soak up the bread’s moisture while the bread gets a little stale. Enjoy!


So I finally got around to making these last night. I didn’t have time to bake them so I did this afternoon. After 4.5 hours of letting the dough come to room temperature they were still hard to scoop out. They were also very crumbly. To my surprise they weren’t dry. If I had baked them right away would I still need to chill for 45 minutes? I rolled them in my chai tea mix and they didn’t have enough flavor. Because of that i think I will need to frost them. I don’t use ginger or all spice and I didn’t want to purchase them.


Hi Karen, I’m afraid there isn’t much chai flavor on your cookies because half of the spices weren’t used. Yep, I recommend chilling this cookie dough for at least 45 minutes. The dough it crumbly, but should come together as you roll.


These were absolutely delicious! They are going to be put into the holiday cookie exchange rotation! Thanks Sally!


I just finished baking these at about 9 PM (yes, I bake at weird times, it helps me avoid homework). My roommate and I loved them. I preferred them with frosting, she likes them without, but then my sweet tooth is huge and she almost doesn’t have one at all. But nevertheless, we loved these little puffs of awesomeness. Thanks for the awesome recipe Sally Can’t wait to make more for the holiday season!


These were very good! I used cinnamon and chai tea mix (it’ what I had) and they turned out well. I will have to try them another time with the recommended spices to see how different they are, but they were great with the chai mix as well. Thanks for the great recipe!


Just made these and they are so delicious! Puffy and with great texture and taste. I used some cloves instead of cardamom since I didn’t have it but they still came out very chai tasting. Definitely going to make these again and use that frosting because it looks incredible as well.


If I use Chinese 5 spice powder for star anise how much would u recommend using and should I use the other spices listed for the rolling.


I’m unsure how much exactly; I would start out light with the first batch and add more if you feel they need it. And yes.


I don’t see where it says star anise in the recipe, so where would you use the Chinese 5 spice at?


About to bake these and am confused! The dough calls for 1/2 tsp cinnamon (divided) and then just says to mix the cinnamon into the dough without mentioning dividing it and then the rolling sugar calls for 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Do I put 1/2 tsp cinnamon for the cookies and 1 1/2 tsp for the rolling sugar? May need to edit the recipe!


Thanks!


Thanks Shannon-the word divided should not be there. Just fixed it.


I finally made these and boy am I glad I did! I knew they’d be good but these are out of this world delicious!! I’m bringing them to a girls night tonight. And we just finished eating your citrus chicken quinoa salad for dinner, my hubby said he could eat that everyday I’m so glad I found your blog!


Hey, I was wondering if you think chai tea latte mix would work for rolling instead. These look amazing!


Though some readers have tried it this way, I have not. I don’t think dry chai tea latte mix tastes very good without being mixed as a drink, so it’s not for me. But if you like its taste, you may use it instead of the spices.


These are crazy good. I like my chai deeply spiced -so for my own use, I might jack up the spice mixture for rolling a bit more next time. Regardless, this recipe is perfect as is! Thanks for helping me convince my husband that yes there are, in fact, cookies worth making beyond oatmeal chocolate chip (yawn).


Haha! So glad you both enjoyed them Kelsey. Thanks for reporting back.


Hey Sally, im obsessed with all your recipes, they all look delicious! It would be really awesome if you could post step by step pictures as i find it quite helpful to constantly compare and check iif im on the right track. Thank you!


I just made these, and they are so very good. Followed the instructions to a t and weighed my ingredients. No joke, guys, this frosting tastes like vanilla ice cream. Thanks for the recipe, it’s a keeper. Would be great at a cookie exchange!


Currently make these. I know they said puffy but when I took mine out they still looked like rolled raw dough balls. I tried smooshing them but then they starts to crack on the side. I put them in for a few minutes longer since it tasted like raw dough. I don’t know how yours looks so flat and mine arent anything like that and I followed the recipe excatly. Did you smoosh them before baking? What I tasted was delicious but concerned on how they should look after in the oven! Maybe post a picture of what it should look like?


Ashlee, I don’t press them down. I wonder if you overmeasure flour? That’s usually the culprit behind cookies not spreading in the oven. Be sure to spoon and level or weigh the flour for the best possible results.


Okay, thank you for responding to me I will do that next time! They are delicious no matter how they look on my end!


I made these last Christmas for a cookie exchange with some friends. They were excellent and everyone loved them. I plan to make them for the cookie exchange again this year.


Hi Sally,


These look amazing!! I can’t wait to try them. I was just wondering if you had to use cream of tartar? I have no easy access to the shops within the next few days, or could I substitute it with something else?


Cream of tartar is a must. Try making these cookies instead and leaving out the toffee/sea salt topping and adding the spices and frosting of these chai cookies.


What can I use in place of cardamom


I can’t find it in stores near me\u2026have you tried this recipe with nutmeg and cloves instead. Also curious as to the difference in texture between this and the soft and thick recipe.


I was wondering if you had to melt the butter? Most recipes just have you blend room temperature butter and sugar until “light and fluffy.”I was wondering if that would help with the separation you mentioned?


Hi Sally! I’m sure it isn’t ideal, but would almond milk be an okay substitute for cream in the frosting for these cookies?


It would be fine- just not as creamy!


Hi there. Would love to try these tonight. I didn’t see eggs listed in the ingredients, but egg is mentioned in the instructions. Is it just one egg?


There’s 1 egg, it’s hard to find because it says room temperature


Soft & chewy cookies rolled in a blend of chai spices and covered in creamy vanilla bean frosting. These frosted chai spice snickerdoodles are a chai tea latte in cookie form!


Happy hallo-weekend!


Hopefully some candy bar blondies or reese’s stuffed cookies are on your agenda with all that leftover Halloween candy. My plans include eating today’s chai spice cookies, washed down with a few of these pumpkin ales, cozy by the fire in the Poconos.


A weekend at the lake with friends and blankets and pumpkin beer and cookies…sounds like perfection. If you’re a fan of chai tea lattes, add a batch of these fabulously spiced chai cookies to your agenda too.


I’m so excited about these! First, because this recipe is breaking my near two month cookie-less streak. Sorry for dropping the ball on new cookie recipes! And second…chai. I have been a huge fan of chai tea for years. Bold and spicy, this flavorful tea is my#1 choice when it comes to warm drinks. And baking with its spices seemed like a natural progression. Have your chai tea and eat it too.


Today’s cookies are snickerdoodle cookies. Prepare a buttery dough, roll cookie dough balls in a cinnamon sugar mix, and bake. These are so simple! I use the same exact snickeredoodle cookie recipe as I do with my caramel surprise snickerdoodle cookies. Thick, soft, and very chewy. No mixer required and minimum dough chilling time.


But instead of just cinnamon and sugar, I add a trio of flavorful chai spices to the cookie’s coating: ginger, cardamom, and allspice (which includes both nutmeg and clove flavors). Chai tea is flavored with a couple other spices as well: black pepper and Chinese star anise. I already added black pepper to one dessert this week and you probably already consider me crazy from that. So, I left out the pepper in these frosted chai snickerdoodles. And I couldn’t find Chinese star anise for the life of me in about 7 different grocers.


So cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, and allspice are what I used. And we loved the flavor!


When I began brainstorming this chai-infused recipe, I wanted something a little more than a snickerdoodle-type cookie. The answer? A swirl of frosting. Frosting is always the answer. Vanilla bean frosting…smooth and creamy, flavored with vanilla extract and vanilla beans. The vanilla beans put this frosting over the top!


I like to add a pinch of salt to the frosting. There is so much sweetness happening in the cookie and the cookie’s chai spice coating, that a little salt is welcomed in the sweet frosting on top. Feeling like something a little more simple? Feel free to leave off the frosting. But I must tell you-the chai spice cookie paired with the vanilla bean frosting reminds me of a sweet \u2018n spicy, creamy chai tea latte.


A chai tea latte in cookie form, if you will. Scary good.


Follow me on Instagram and tag #sallysbakingaddiction so I can see all the SBA recipes you make. ♥


Try my Caramel Surprise Snickerdoodles next!


More snickerdoodle recipes.


Original article and pictures take http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2014/10/31/frosted-chai-spice-snickerdoodles site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий