четверг, 2 июня 2016 г.

I used our corn on the cob holders, but you could use the round handle of a wooden spoon, or anything round that fits inside the cookie

I used our corn on the cob holders, but you could use the round handle of a wooden spoon, or anything round that fits inside the cookie


I used our corn on the cob holders, but you could use the round handle of a wooden spoon, or anything round that fits inside the cookie


Ahhhhh what are ya doin’ to me! Twix is 100% one of my favorites, if not my VERY favorite candy bar! The hubs too! I LOVE this twist on them though, it’s really funny how alike we are b/c I have had “homemade twix”on my \u2018Recipes to make’ list for a few weeks now\u2026. this version looks even better though!! I’m obsessed with shortbread cookies, I realized that when I made the Samoa cookies! Welp, I could go on for days…guess I’ll have to make this too!! Off to Pinterest I go!


Stephanie recently posted\u2026Parmesan Crusted Tortellini Bites


Hehehehe, man we really are sisters from another mother lol. Too funny that you love Twix, not too many people consider it a favorite These are so fun to make…and yeah, to eat too! Lol.


Oh my, since they are small I can eat more!


Julie is HostessAtHeart recently posted\u2026Dutch Apple Cake


Exactly Julie! They’re like diet cookies right?


Congratulations: my stomach is growling. And it’s all your fault. I hope you’re happy with yourself.


Jess@CookingisMySport recently posted\u2026Pulled Chicken with Cherry Chile Barbecue Sauce


Hehehe, extremely happy Lol!


YUM!!


Diana Rambles recently posted\u2026Madness Mix and Paper Cone Printable


Thank you Diana!!


Oh my gosh, I need these right now! Yes, it is breakfast time but I still need these.


Becky recently posted\u2026Vanilla Bean Cake


Thank you Becky!! Lol, I had some for breakfast


I usually make these with jam\u2026but caramel and chocolate, I can so get into! Thanks for sharing with the Thursday Blog Hop!


Pam@over50feeling40 recently posted\u2026An I MATTER Woman of Strength\u2026Plus the Thursday Blog Hop!


Oooooh with jam would be delicious too Pam!


Oh wow!! I need to have this I go through phases with favourite candy bars…It mostly switches between twix, Kit kat and Snickers! So you know I have to try this recipe!!


Dini @ Giramuk’s Kitchen recently posted\u2026No Bake Mocha Hedgehog Slices (No Eggs)


Thanks Dini!! Ohhh Kit Kats and Snickers are sooooo good too! Now I want some I hope you love these!


Wow can I say wow. This looks so good Amanda!


Thank you so much Suzie!!


OMG! Too yummy! Thanks again for fulfilling the sweet tooth of the FF folks!


Margherita recently posted\u2026“Pan di Ramerino”the rosemary and raisins buns


Thank you Margherita!! Beware though, these are very addicting Happy FF!


Wow! Wow! Wow!


Lori recently posted\u2026More Distressed Furniture and a Foster Adoption Update


Thank you Lori!! They are little bites of heaven


Love if you share this delish post at my Fabulous Friday Party


http://www.simplenaturedecorblog.com/fabulous-friday-party27/


Thanks


MAria


Simple Nature Decor recently posted\u2026FABULOUS FRIDAY PARTY{27}


Thank you for the invite, I just shared


Twix are my favorite candies! These are definitely going on my “must make ASAP”list.


Jeannette recently posted\u2026Rugelach


Thank you Jeannette!! I hope you love them


Mmmmm\u2026.mmmmm\u2026.mmmm\u2026. I am drooling again! You are on a roll, chef! Can’t wait to try this recipe, too!


Julianna recently posted\u2026Cured Sausage, Pistachio and Prune Cake


Thank you so much!! If you try them, I hope you love them


Your Turtle Twix Thumbprint Cookies look delicious. Thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with Full Plate Thursday and have a fantastic weekend!


Thank you, they’re definitely a favorite!


pass the milk and I’ll take two please! Yum. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop. Watch for your feature on Monday xo


Katherines Corner recently posted\u2026Blog Update


Thank you so much Katherine!!


Oh so pretty\u2026.and yummy looking!


Ili Hernandez recently posted\u2026Strawberry Cream Pie


Thank you Ili! I love how easy they are to make too


These sound so great! I love twix bars!


Amber recently posted\u2026Sweet and Spicy Sriracha Bacon Jerky


Thank you Amber!! Twix bars are so insanely good


Hey Amanda!!! These delicious cookies are one of my features at FoodieFRIDIY this week!!! Come on over and check out the other features!! Thanks for linking with us!


Hi Mila!!! Thank you SO MUCH for featuring my cookies


These cookies look totally irresistible! Thanks for linking up with What’s Cookin’ Wednesday!


Karly recently posted\u2026Blueberry Almond Butter Muffins


Thank you Karly!! Always a fun time at What’s Cookin’ Wednesday


Your cookies look fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great week.


Come Back Soon!


Miz Helen


Miz Helen recently posted\u2026Pineapple Bar B Que Ribs


Thank you Miz Helen!!


Thank you,I will try to do it.


I never tired of cookies, These cookies looks awesome!


Thank you! I hope you love it


Amazing. That is just me stating a fact. These look like perfect cookies. I’m going to include them on my next friday’s link roundup!


Cakespy recently posted\u2026What Happens When you Put Whipped Cream in an Ice Cream Maker?


Thank you so much Jessie!! I can’t even count the number of times we’ve had these cookies…they get eaten SO quickly!


Love thumbprint cookies! They are always full of so much flavor!


Amy Stafford recently posted\u2026Kale Apple Salad


They’re just so cute!!


I cannot continue to come here. I leave hungry and a little ashamed with the amount of drool on my chin, haha! Seriously, though, these look amazing, and I would say my favourite chocolate bar is butterfinger!


Kacey @ The Cookie Writer recently posted\u2026Easy Marshmallow Fondant Ghost Cake (Halloween!)


Hehe, thank you Kacey!!! Ooooh butterfingers are definitely amazing…I can’t wait for Halloween so I can steal some from my kids’ candy buckets lol


These cookies look WAY too good! I love how you used a corn holder to make the thumbprint, they came out perfect!


Sharon @ What The Fork Food Blog recently posted\u2026Easy 5 Minute Pizza Sauce


Thank you Sharon!! I was glad they ended up being the perfect size


You need to start selling those corn cob holders as “thumbprint makers\u201d. It is just precisely the right size. These look so incredible. Fabulous idea for thumbprints!


Valerie | From Valerie’s Kitchen recently posted\u2026Oven Roasted Maple Salmon


Thank you Valerie!! Lol, I should definitely market them that way


I love Twix and I imagine these cookies are amazing. Bite-sized makes them pretty perfect!!


Joanie @ Zagleft recently posted\u2026Slow Cooker 3 Cheese Macaroni And Cheese {GIVEAWAY}


Thank you Joanie!!


Turtle anything is my favorite!! Love these!


Jaren (Diary of a Recipe Collector) recently posted\u2026Pizza Patty Melts


Thank you Jaren!!


I made these and the cookie completely “melted”as soon as I put them in the oven. I followed the recipe to the letter. The filling was delish, however.


Hi Shannon! I’m sorry these didn’t turn out as expected, I know how frustrating that can be :/ Without me being there watching you bake, I can’t say why that happened, especially if you chilled the dough. Maybe chilling it for longer next time? It could be that we have our refrigerators set at different temperatures? I’m glad you liked the filling though!


Will be making these this week along with the jam kind. Thanks for sharing


Am I able to use country crock tub butter? I don’t have unsalted stick


Hi Chantel For this one, you might want to run to the store for real butter, unfortunately. Country crock is a margarine spread, which has a lot of oil in it, and I just don’t know how well the dough would set up, or it might spread quite a bit in the oven :/


Hi there,


This recipe sounds amazing!


I too love twix.


I noticed the actual amount of sugar to be used is missing from the recipe. I tried to scroll through the comments to see if anyone asked but couldn’t find it.


Could you please tell me how much sugar to use. I intend to bake these soon.


Thanks,


Sofia


Hi Sofia There was a problem with the recipe plugin coding when I switched designs…I believe it’s fixed now. In any event, the amount of sugar is 1/2 cup and the amount of flour is 1 1/2 cups. Hope you enjoy the cookies!


Thumbprint cookies are such a classic…this spin on them includes a gooey caramel center and drizzled melted chocolate. Tastes just like a Twix!


Easy to make shortbread cookies filled with a decadent caramel sauce and salty pecan pieces, drizzled with creamy melted chocolate\u2026. they taste just like a Twix bar mixed with a turtle candy!


Okay, I have a very serious question…what is your favorite candy bar? I know, I know…it’s hard to answer isn’t it? I like wayyyyyy too many to list, (I am the CHUNKY chef after all lol), but one of them is definitely a Twix bar! That crisp bottom, gooey center, all covered in rich milk chocolate…*drool*. So when I came across this recipe for a Twix inspired cookie, I knew I absolutely had to try it!


I bet you’re probably thinking, “Ummm, twix doesn’t have pecans, ya crazy lady\u201d. And you’re right But there’s another candy I love, turtles, and I thought I would mesh the two together. Man is it ever good!


I also made some regular Twix cookies, sans the toasted pecans…and they are equally good!


These cookies come together pretty quickly, the only real downtime you have is when the dough is chilling, and then once the cookies are cooling (although that doesn’t take too long).


You only need 5 ingredients for the shortbread cookie, and another 4 for the caramel and chocolate…so only 9 ingredients. That’s all that’s standing in your way of some of these fantastic cookies!


Start by creaming your butter, sugar, egg yolks and vanilla in a stand mixer (or with a hand mixer). Once it is light and fluffy, slowly add in your flour.


Tip: I always add in my flour in 1/3 batches. So no matter how much flour I’m adding, I still only add it in thirds. This ensures a well combined dough


Your dough at this point will be packed and fairly firm. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for about 1 hour.


Roll some dough in your hands to form a ball, about the size of a marble. I used my teaspoon measuring spoon and made it a rounded teaspoon of dough. Place them on parchment paper lined baking sheets about 2 inches or so apart, I did 12 cookies per baking sheet.


Now you can use your thumb, or whatever you want, to make the indentation (the “thumbprint\u201d).


I used our corn on the cob holders, but you could use the round handle of a wooden spoon, or anything round that fits inside the cookie


Bake the cookies for 7-10 minutes (mine were done in 8). As your cookies bake, the indentations will sort of puff up…that’s okay and easily fixed.


Just use the same tool you used to make the first indentation and lightly press down again


Lay your cookies on a wire cooling rack for about 30 minutes or so, or until cooled.


For the caramel sauce, if you wanted to make your own…go for it! I actually wanted to make my own salted caramel sauce, but was running short on time, so I used the caramel baking squares (Kraft brand) and just added a pinch of salt once it was melted


Use a teaspoon measuring spoon to pour a little caramel sauce in each cookie, careful not to overflow the indentation. Although a little extra caramel is never really a bad thing


Melt your chocolate chips and drizzle it over the cookies, let cool…then devour them!


I put the melted chocolate in a ziploc bag, sealed it, and then snipped off a corner to drizzle the chocolate. However…I was a bit overzealous with the snipping, and cut off too much…so the chocolate pretty much just poured right out (as you can see in the top right picture in that collage). Still tasted delicious, just wasn’t as “pretty\u201d.


If you wanted to make your cookies “turtles”like I did…just chop some pecans, toast them for a few minutes in a small, dry skillet over medium low heat, until they smell toasty. Add a few pieces inside the indentations of the cooled cookies, fill with caramel, top with a few more pieces, and drizzle with chocolate


I loved the extra flavor and texture from the toasted pecans, although my husband preferred the regular twix cookies


I’ve made these cookies several times, and each time is just as delicious as the first! Once I didn’t have milk chocolate chips, so I substituted semi-sweet chips, and it worked, and was still really good…although not quite as “twix-like”as they are with the milk chocolate. It’s really up to you


This recipe makes 24-36 cookies, depending on how small you make them, but could easily be doubled if you wanted.


I’m not even going to tell you all how many of these cookies I’ve eaten…here’s a hint…it’s A LOT lol. But seriously you guys, once you try one, you’ll understand…they’re so insanely delicious, and really do taste like a Twix bar!


For the next batch, my husband has requested that they be dipped in chocolate…so that’s definitely an option as well!


If you’re a big fan of chocolate and caramel together, try my Gooey Carmelitas, you’ll love them! Like the small, bite sized cookies? My Butter Pecan Cookies are perfect little morsels


Never miss a recipe!


You can find me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Google +, so follow me if you’d like…I love keeping in touch with all of you


Recipe slightly adapted from The Recipe Critic


Original article and pictures take http://www.thechunkychef.com/turtle-twix-thumbprint-cookies site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий