вторник, 23 августа 2016 г.

Slow Cooker Chicken and Wild Rice Soup

Slow Cooker Chicken and Wild Rice Soup


Slow Cooker Chicken and Wild Rice Soup


is this recpipe supposed to be beef broth? I was wondering its a typo and should be chicken broth?


Hi Jenn! So your question makes TOTAL sense, but.. it is actually beef broth. I think chicken broth would be delightful (and less odd) as well. I was in the middle of making the soup and realized that I was out of chicken broth so I threw in some beef broth instead. My fam and I loved the soup so I went with it:)


Can put in frozen chicken breasts?


Hi Sean. I have never tried with frozen chicken breasts so I’m not sure. I would recommend letting them thaw under running water before sticking them into the crockpot:)


Slow Cooker Chicken and Wild Rice Soup is a cozy and simple winter meal that doesn’t involve haphazardly throwing ingredients together in a desperate attempt to serve something nourishing during the week. It’s rich, delicious and requires only 1 pot and 5 minutes prep.


Okay. Sooo, I have been wearing yoga sweatpants for 5 days straight.


I really wanted to church it up and pretend that I have been rocking super cute black yoga pants with a fitted half zip athletic top that’s comfy and warm all while being adorable. You know, the type of outfit that a Mom who has her @#$% together would adorn. Nope. Sweatpants.


And that cute athletic top.. well, wearing Joe’s giant hoodie from college (which goes down to my knees) is kinda the same thing.. right?


Cold weather, gray skies, and snow days…they’ve got me freezing and in a serious funk.


When I left the house for bible study this morning, wearing the above mentioned sweatpants (much to my mother’s embarrassment ?) it became apparent to me that I’m going to have to rise above the urge to wrap myself in giant snuggly clothing and find another (more socially appropriate) way to stay warm.


And naturally, this being a food blog and all.. this plan involves warm, comforting, creamy Slow Cooker Chicken Wild Rice Soup.


Ok, so that was a super awkward transition.. you’ll forgive me when you taste this soup. Yep, awkward again.. I’m off my game. I blame Winter.


Regardless\u2026


You are going to love this one! So simple.. you don’t even have to turn on the stove. 7 ingredients, 1 pot, 5 minutes prep. Healthy whole-food dinner DONE. You’re welcome.


Time Saving Tips and Tricks:


Prep: This recipe is SO simple that there really isn’t a lot of prep to be done. If you are just really itching to get a jump start on it you can chop the onions, celery and carrots and store them in the refrigerator in a ziplock bag. Or.. you can buy mirepoix (fancy way of saying cut up onions, celery, and carrots) at your local grocery store in the produce section.


Make Ahead: Of course.. it’s a slow cooker recipe! You are going to be kinda devastated if you don’t plan this one out a bit. This soup tastes delicious on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th day…etc. Isn’t soup the greatest?


Freezer: Soups are the best! They were practically invented so that we could freeze freeze them in cute little individually portioned mason jars. I like to double this recipe, serve 1/2 and freeze the other. Simply ladle deserved amount of soup into freezable mason jars (whatever size works for you) and pop em in the freezer. That’s it. When you want some soup, remove jar from the freezer and heat over the stove until warm and steamy.


2 cups mirepoix (chopped celery, carrots, and onions)


(Note: this recipe is my healthier take on Pinch of Yum\u2018s fabulous Crockpot Chicken Wild Rice Soup! Both her creamy version and my low-calorie version are delicious!)


Helpful Hints:


As mentioned above, you can purchase mirepoix pre chopped. It doesn’t save you a TON of time, but hey, some days you just need to save 5 minutes.


Chicken should be purchased organic when possible.


Make sure that you do not purchase instant wild rice.. it will be mush by the time you get it out of the crockpot.


Let’s Be Friends:


Looking for more whole-recipes? Check out Simply Sissom on Pinterest. If you like what you see, follow! New pins from my favorite bloggers and sites from around the web are added daily.


I am a HUGE fan of spending a little time each week preparing healthy snacks and meals to be eaten throughout the week. It keeps me out of the drive through line! Want to learn more? Check out Simply Sissom on Instagram all the details (recipes included) from my weekly 90 minutes prep sessions.


Similar Posts:


Original article and pictures take http://www.simplysissom.com/slowcookerchickenandwildricesoup site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий