понедельник, 5 сентября 2016 г.

Squeaky

Squeaky


Squeaky


This recipe is from one of my favorite bakeries, Fat Witch Bakery, in NYC. I've made several of their recipes and they are seriously the best. When I saw this recipe I knew I had to make them for Chicken Legs. The brownies are amazing! Quick homemade brownie slathered with white chocolate and crushed Oreos. YUM! I did make a couple of small changes to the recipe. I doubled the white chocolate and used Double Stuf Oreos. These are so easy to make and taste great slightly warm with a scoop of vanilla or chocolate chip ice cream!


Stop what you are doing and go get the ingredients to make this yummy \"Cracked Out\" Tater Tot Casserole! This was SO good! I wanted to eat the entire pan myself! I didn't, but I totally wanted to!


In case you are new here, \"Cracked Out\" is what I call the flavor combination of cheddar, bacon and ranch. It all started with the original \"Crack Dip\" way back in 2008. I made it for a football game, and we couldn't stop eating it. We started calling it \"Crack\". This Tater Tot Casserole is no different. It is so addictive. It is also super easy to make. This casserole can be made ahead of time and frozen for later too! Make it!


Squeaky


Jack


Fluffy


CONNECT WITH PLAIN CHICKEN


We just got back from a quick trip to Key West. I was speaking at a food blog conference in Orlando, and I talked Chicken Legs into driving us down to Key West for a couple of nights after I spoke. We had SO much fun. The heat was not fun, but the activities were great!


We took a wine & cheese sunset cruise, toured the Hemingway House, visited the Southern Most Point, did a shark tour, and ate & drank tons of great food! We even ate on a private island on our last day!! It was SO nice!


One of our favorite shortcuts is using rotisserie chicken for dinner. They are inexpensive, taste great and so convenient. We buy a couple of chickens at Costco, come home and pull the chicken off the bones, divide the meat between two freezer bags and freeze the chicken for casseroles and soups. It makes dinner SO easy! We usually throw away the bones. The last time we bought some rotisserie chickens, Chicken Legs said we should make some chicken broth with the bones. I thought that was a great idea!


This was SO simple. Just take the chicken bones, thrown them in the slow cooker, add veggies and water, cook for 8 hours and you have delicious chicken broth. It only cost a couple of dollars for the veggies and the chicken broth was WAY better than the boxed stuff. I've used this in tons of recipes and it makes such a difference. There is so much more flavor!


This is a great way to get more for your money. The chickens cost $5 at Costco. We get at least 2 dinners (with leftovers) from the chicken and 8 cups of delicious chicken broth. You can put the broth in freezer bags and keep it in the freezer until you are ready to use it. We do this every time we buy chickens now. Give it a try the next time you use a rotisserie chicken. I promise you won't regret it!


Pull the meat off the chicken and freeze it for later.


Take the chicken bones and place them in the slow cooker.


Add veggies and water.


Cook on HIGH for 8 hours.


Viola! Chicken broth!


A few months ago I got a DM on Twitter from McDonald's. They wanted to send me a surprise. OK! They sent me a cute box full of spices and a recipe for an at home version of their new Artisan Grilled Chicken. I only eat fast food when I travel. I had eaten the Artisan Grilled Chicken Sandwich on one of my trips, and it was pretty good. It was really good for being on-the-go in the airport. I was excited to give the at home version a try.


The chicken was really good! It was easy to make and tasted fantastic. It has tons of great flavor. I especially loved the hint of sweetness from the honey. We made the whole recipe and ate the leftovers the next day. Even better! This was great on its own, but would also be great on top of a salad, chopped up in chicken salad or even on top of a flatbread. This was better than the fast food version. They may use the same ingredients, but this version was much more flavorful than what I had in the airport! I would definitely make this again!


Squeaky Fluffy Green Peas with Crispy Bacon


Original article and pictures take http://www.plainchicken.com/2015/07 site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий