пятница, 16 сентября 2016 г.

The 30-Day Walking Challenge

The 30-Day Walking Challenge


The 30-Day Walking Challenge


This comment is awaiting moderation. Show comment.


Good on you!!!


I will do my best to defeat the inner lazy in me


me too!


Me took


I have been a couch potato most my life and my body shows it. I am ready to get off the couch and take the challenge.


How r u doing? I'm just now reading about the walking 30 day challenge. I'm willing to start my 30 day challenge this late evening; because it's noontime and I know that walking in the high sunrise isn't healthy. I pray ur doing well. I've been adding healthy habits to my lifestyle over the pass few months. I'm getting results slowly. Good luck


I'm joining the walk challenge today.


Wish me luck.


I am taking the challenge.


hi LeslieI my name is Virginia i love your DVDs my sister in law Debbie and I have used them through the years but the last time I used them was a while ago in 3 weeks I lost 35 pounds but my knees hurt so bad I couldn't even walk so I had to quit I cried cuz I wanted to keep going of course when you stop moving then your weight comes back but your programs really do work and I might give it a try again I see that you have so many different remix music dvds i just need to pray that my knees stay strong god bless you and thank you for motivating all of us i was recently diagnosed as a diabetic in November I'm 52 and soon to be 53 the diabetic instructor told everyone in the class that we all need to keep moving so i might try your dvds again because they really work thank you:)


if I count 500 steps in place while watching TV is it the same as talking a walk?


YES! Try marching, bring those thighs up to the ceiling :)


My inner and outer Fatty says YES let's do this challenge


I have two of Leslie's dvd's to walk with and absolutely love them. I have a bad back but after starting out being only able to do pay of one... I can do the whole thing.


I did 1342 steps on stepper in 25 min in one day does that count towards it?


Or does it have to be walking? I think I can do this


I have enrolled to complete a 15 kilometre challenge for charity and want to know how I can increase my walk to a jog with limited impact on my knees? Any ideas??


I am averageing 12000 steps a day. I feel great and energetic. I believe in if there is a will there is a way. I believe when it comes to my health I have to be selfish.


I am willing to join in....lets get moving


This comment is awaiting moderation. Show comment.


Diet is a big factor. Its good to be active but without a healthier diet weight loss doesn't really occur.


So true Andrea����������������


your step count does count while working but it also depends on how many calories you are eating a day, you will be surprised how quickly they add up, before I started using noom app and myfitnesspal I was consuming around 2500 calories a day and even though I was working 9/11 hrs a day most of the time on my feet (I was a cleaner at a holiday resort) so burning a lot of calories but with the amount I was eating what I burned I gained back again, then I started off with noom and within 6 months I was down from 14 stone to 12 stone which was great but I then came down with a rotten cold/cough so lost motivation and was eating comfort food that I have now gained back what I lost, im now even more determined to lose it again and this time keep it off, just have a look at your daily calorie intake and make a few simple changes believe me it works I have always suffered from being over weight ever since I was a teenager and then when I had my kids( I had 3 within 3 yrs) I never got a chance to lose the excess baby weight so was always a struggle for me until I found the apps I now use


No no no Amira your work steps don't count just ask the experts. And if you say anything they will tell you it's just an excuse


i have app on my phone that's called s.health and in one day you can do 10000 steps i do it everyday


just so long as those 10,000 steps are above and beyond your normal daily activities......


I just got my fitbit and started walking about two weeks ago. I am in. I would love to be fitbit friends.


Add me :D


I'm in. I won't be doing the strength stuff, because I'm doing 30 Day Beginner Shred by Jillian. I also won't really be doing the breaks for the 10k a day either, because that screws with my averages on FitBit, LOL


I'll give it a shot. The weather here is not great to walk outdoors very much yet but I can do something inside. I'm doing my own workout routine which already incorporates these exercises at these levels or higher.


I think I may start this tomorrow<3 I want to do the exercises too lol<3 It looks like I'll work cause I'm 5'2 and weight 210lbs. I want to be 120lbs so hopefully this works along with getting me more toned and everything and a bit stronger<3


Is this supposed to be 10,000 steps per day or in addition to the steps throughout the day?


This is meant for all fitness levels, but I can't walk for 5 minutes. Does anyone know what kinds of exercises or how to exercise for a body with health issues? Fibromyalgia, chronic pain and fatigue, and as yet, an undiagnosed medical condition with profound abdominal distension and resting heart rate at 110 bpm. If I walk to the bathroom my pulse is 145 bpm and I'm gasping for air.


I'm not a doctor - in fact, I'd ask your doctor for advice on this - but as someone in a similar situation, I used to gently walk in place until I felt winded. sometimes it was for only 2-3 minutes, sometimes a little longer. your body will hopefully get used to it in time an dthen allow you to do it for longer periods. But really, ask your doctor for exercise advice. You may be able to get physical therapy to help you, depending on the severity of your issues.


This looks really interesting. Running is one the best thing to do in the morning. There are many health benefits of running. I prefer running regularly that too empty stomach. Thanks!


* buy


Gotta but an expensive gadget to track your steps?


Is your 30 day walking challenge for an indoor walk in place or just any walking?


Excited to try this.


Because of arthritis and knee that will need knee surgery, will an exercise bike work well with this challenge.


Love this challenge as unlike others, it's not intimidating in anyway and most ordinary will be able to do it easily!


This is a great workout. If we can do this in parks where clean air is present it would also help us appreciate nature's beauty and breathe fresh air. It can help you burn more calories, and stay heart-healthy. Thanks for these challenge.


Lisa, I think I have good news for you. You mentioned that it is easy now; however you sound worried that it won't be that easy as you increase you walks. While this is my second week and I've walked off and on, I'm doing about 8,000 steps daily. I realized that today, I was walking at a little higher pace than last week when I started. I surprised myself, that I actually 'rested' yesterday. I can get pretty compulsive and competitive with myself; however I did not walk yesterday. I am 69 yrs. of age and have some issues with my heels due to arthritis. My left heel is almost crumbling due to the arthritis. Last week I was pretty slow and today, I could tell I could tell that there was a bit more \"spice\" in my steps. I know you can do this and I hope you have as much fun as I have.


Start my challenge today


How do you count steps?


I have the program Just walk 30 Days walk off. I must say the best thing to have when you are really serious about your weight loss and musle toning. Love Love Love


morning everyone


I have a question about this 30 day walking challenge.


I started the challenge and I'm on day 3 so it's easy right now but I know later on I'll have a lot more steps to take.


The question is are we supposed to count all our steps we take throughout the day (meaning daily activities and exercise or are we just suppose to count the steps we take during exercise?)


I'm just curious because right not I'm just counting the steps I take during workouts and not so much regular activities, not sure if regular steps you take during everyday activities counts towards your step challenge. And I just wanted someone to confirm to me whether they count or not.


Walking 10,000 steps sounds crazy to a lazy person like me but I'm up for the challenge. I already did 2836 steps today and the day isn't even over yet. :) Day 1 done. 29 more to go!


Completed my first day today. Took my dogs with my which made it a little hard to count! So I did a little extra just to make certain!


Im so doing this, both walking from 5000 to 10000 and strength one but can someone tell me what moves with kettlebell should I replace those upper body moves?


What is it about fitness walking that makes it more “successful”than other exercise? Part of it is the simplicity. By putting one foot in front of the other, you can not only walk off weight, but also dramatically reduce your risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, depression, osteoporosis, diabetes, high cholesterol, and help clear artery-clogging plaque …Are you walking yet? You don’t need trendy classes, expensive gyms and crazy fitness gadgets. What you need is a simple routine that you can build on, week by week, to make you stronger and fitter at a pace that you can manage.


I’ve got the plan for you\u2014no matter what fitness level you are at right now, you can zap calories, up your energy, and start to view fitness walking as a joyful habit! Join me on a 30-day walk challenge to reach 10,000 steps by the end of the month. Day by day during the first week, you’ll start to feel stronger. Over the next couple of weeks, the walks will begin to seem easier. By the end of a month, you’ll not only notice shifts in the way your body feels, but also a difference in your mindset.


Along with the triumph of meeting the challenge, you’ll have established a daily habit of fitness, which is no doubt the most important result. And exercise will become something that you don’t want to go without. It’s life-changing!


If you like to let the music move you, try the first five minutes of my “Just Walk: Walk to the Hits: Party Songs”DVD and just keep adding minutes as you progress!


If you decide to break up your steps into several 10-minute walks throughout the day, my “Just Walk: Mix & Match Walk Blasters”DVDs gives you 10 different mini-walk options.


A 5-mile fitness walk is 10,000 steps. You can do it all at once or break it up throughout the day …how about two 30-minute walks? Or four 15-minute walks? These can easily fit into your schedule. My newest DVD, “Just Walk: Walk Off Fat Fast”lets you choose the 20-, 30- and even 40-minute walk to fit into your day.


Taking the challenge and want some support from other MyFitnessPal members who have vowed to be able to walk 10,000 steps by day 30? Join our group forum to talk about your experiences, ask your questions, or show a fellow MFPer some love!


Original article and pictures take http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/the-30-day-walking-challenge site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий